This pocket schedule invited fans to follow their Brewers in the 1933 season. It is a single piece of goldenrod cardstock with two-color print in a dramatic black and red.
to WISN (no later than 1937), and they in turn would be replaced by WEMP as the home for Brewers play-by-play by 1948. WEMP would retain the rights through 1952, the Brewers' final season.
On the back, an ad for motor oil:
Their first station opened the following year, and by 1930 Wadham's had over one hundred custom-built stations throughout metro Milwaukee.
The Wadham's service stations were an early exercise in buildings-as-branding. Designed by Milwaukee architect Alexander C. Eschweiler, the stations were decorated in the Japonist style, topped with red stamped-metal and tile pagoda roofs. The buildings themselves served as advertisements for the stations, selling a sense of Eastern romance and adventure to passing motorists.
still found around the city, repurposed and preserved to various degrees.
Wadham's stations were decorated in a trademark red, black and gold color scheme, which might account for the printing on this card.